Episode 031: Craig Johnson and his Son's Unexpected Diagnosis that led to a Global Ministry
Pastor Craig Johnson is currently the Director of Ministries at Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. He joins us today to talk about how his son’s behavior suddenly changed at 2 years old as he stopped talking, withdrew and displayed other behavior issues. The diagnosis was Autism which changed their family’s life forever; this adversity has now blossomed into a global ministry called Champions Club where they are working to give special needs kids the proper curriculum and support that they deserve.
What you'll learn
- What life was like before autism
- What started to happen – what changes he saw in his son
- How him and his wife worked to stay united
- What big surprise happened 3 years after Connor lost his speech
- What a special family needs from friends
- What is a Champions Club
- The advice Craig has for other families facing adversity
Where to learn more about Champions Club
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen this week. I hope this information will help you be a happy, healthy and wealthy dad!
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for the podcast on Itunes. Ratings and reviews are important to show visibility and will help these episodes reach more dads.
Connect with me