Episode 029: Robert Beeson on Solo Parenting
Robert Beeson, a former Grammy Award-winning music industry executive, never expected to be one of them, but found himself a single parent to his three girls, ages 9, 7 and 4, when his wife left. He raised them on his own for eight years, and while he grew as a person in ways he never imagined possible, his eyes were also opened to the sheer volume and tremendous needs of the single parenting community.
This April, Beeson will launch his book Going Solo: Hope and Healing for the Single Mom or Dad (April 2018), in which he shares his solo parenting journey, along with hope and encouragement for parents who find themselves walking a similar road.
What you'll learn
- Most challenging aspects of single parentings
- What the Solo Parent Society is and does
- How he differentiates between the terms “single” and “solo”?
- Tangible ways that listeners can support solo parents
- Why he’s leaving his career as a music executive
- This April, you’re releasing your first book, Going Solo. Why did you write this book and what is your hope for it?
- How listeners can—both single parents and those who want to help support them—become involved with Solo Parent Society
Where to learn more
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen this week. I hope this information will help you be a happy, healthy and wealthy dad!
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for the podcast on Itunes. Ratings and reviews are important to show visibility and will help these episodes reach more dads.
Connect with me