Episode 004: Finding Work Life Balance
Our guest Dr. Russell Clayton is a father of 2 girls who are 4.5 and 1 years old.
Fathers are notorious for working too much and sacrificing time at home so they can stay ahead at work. Today we discuss work-life balance with Dr. Russell Clayton to drill down on exactly why we fall into this trap. Dr. Clayton teaches undergraduate, MBA and DBA courses; his research on work-life balance has also been features in many popular publications.
I’m honored to have him on the show today so we can all benefit from his knowledge and research.
What you’ll learn
- What changed for Russell when he had kids.
- Why were you interested in studying management and work life balance.
- What kind of research Russell has done on work life balance and what were the results.
- How to break the pattern of working too much.
- When it’s OK to work excessive hours.
- What career management is.
- How personal finances effect our work hours
- What motivated him to write his new book “In Search of Work-Life Balance”
- His advice for others thinking about writing a book
- As a Father and Professor, how he made time to write
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen this week. I hope this information will help you be a happy, healthy and wealthy dad!
If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for the podcast on Itunes. Ratings and reviews are important to show visibility and will help these episodes reach more dads.
Special thanks to Dr. Russell Clayton for joining me this week.